System Requirements for Alphacam and Part Modeler
Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (SP1 required)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (SP1 required)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1 required)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- We recommend that you update to the latest security key drivers (if a security key is fitted).
- You may experience problems with the driver supplied by your graphics card manufacturer - check for the latest driver updates on the web site for your card.
- Alphacam and Part Modeler will install and run on the 'home' editions of these operating systems. However this is not recommended and we cannot guarantee to fix any Alphacam or Part Modeler issues specifically related to these operating systems.
- The Sentinel RMS license server runs as a system service on Windows XP, Server 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit), Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Server 2008 R2 (64-bit), Server 2012 (64-bit) and Windows 7. Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Safenet Computer ID USB key. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the new keys for use on a virtual server.
- It is not recommended to have multiple Alphacam versions installed on the same computer when the user has limited rights or UAC is ON as this may potentially cause problems with Simulator.
- Domain Controllers are not supported for ToolStore Server and Alphacam due to SQL limitations.
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista and Windows 8 are no longer supported by Alphacam.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by Alphacam.
- 64-bit Intel Pentium 4 processor (2 GHz or faster), Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, AMD Phenom or later, in single, dual or quad core versions
- 4 GB of RAM
To make the most of background processing and multi-threading, we recommend a 64-bit operating system and 2GB RAM for each processor as a minimum.
Please ensure the latest WHQL certified driver that supports OpenGL 3.3 for the card is installed.
Note: Some older cards in the ranges above may no longer be supported. Please check the relevant supplier to see if an up to date driver is available for your operating system. Other graphic cards may work, but are unsupported.
- 10 GB free disk space for the Alphacam installation
- Graphics cards - Driver requires OpenGL 3.3:
- 17" Colour monitor (1280 x 1024 screen resolution)
- Mouse including wheel (Intellimouse)
- SpaceMouse/SpaceBall (optional)
- Network card
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Internet connection for license activation/updates
- USB port for the Alphacam security key (unless using keyless licensing)