System Requirements for ALPHACAM
Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems. System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Microsoft will end extended support for Windows 7 in January 2020.
As Hexagon’s key component suppliers start to withdraw support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, our 2022 release will not officially support these platforms. Please consider updating your operating system to make sure you are running your favourite software on a tested and supported platform.
You are still able to install ALPHACAM on older OS versions, however we recommend upgrading your OS to prevent performance issues. To upgrade an existing Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, please use the Microsoft Windows upgrade tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
IMPORTANT: This release requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher. Please make sure that you have installed all the latest Windows updates or installed .NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher separately. For Information on .NET Framework dependencies, please visit the link below: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/versions-and-dependencies
- We recommend that you update to the latest security key drivers (if a security key is fitted).
- You may experience problems with the driver supplied by your graphics card manufacturer - check for the latest driver updates on the web site for your card.
- ALPHACAM will install and run on the 'home' editions of these operating systems. However, this is not recommended, and we cannot guarantee to fix any ALPHACAM issues specifically related to these operating systems.
- The Sentinel RMS License Manager runs as a system service on Windows 10 and Windows Server up to and including the latest release. Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Computer ID USB key. Note that the Sentinel RMS License server can installed on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 but as these operating systems are no longer supported by Microsoft and ALPHACAM it is not recommended. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the Computer ID USB keys for use on a virtual server.
- It is not recommended to have multiple ALPHACAM versions installed on the same computer when the user has limited rights or UAC is ON as this may potentially cause problems.
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 are no longer supported by ALPHACAM.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by ALPHACAM.
- 64-bit Intel Pentium 4 processor (2 GHz or faster), Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, AMD Phenom or later, in single, dual or quad core versions
- 4 GB of RAM
- 10 GB free disk space for the ALPHACAM installation
- Graphics cards – Please ensure you use a good dedicated Graphics card with its own memory, the latest WHQL certified driver must support OpenGL 3.3 or later:
- NVIDIA Quadro range (https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?) - We recommend this option.
- AMD Radeon Pro range (https://www.amd.com/en/support)
Note: Some older cards in the ranges above may no longer be supported. Please check the relevant supplier to see if an up to date driver is available for your operating system. Other graphic cards may work but are unsupported.
- 17" Color monitor (1280 x 1024 screen resolution)
- Mouse including wheel (Intellimouse)
- SpaceMouse/SpaceBall (optional)
- Network card
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Internet connection for license activation/updates
- USB port for the ALPHACAM security key (unless using keyless licensing)