ALPHACAM - EMEA Technical Support Engineer - Reading
The Production Software business of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence develops a wide range of software for the manufacturing industry. Our software and services help streamline the manufacturing processes of businesses in the tooling,production engineering, sheet metal, metal fabrication, stone and woodworking industries. Hexagon products are integral to the success of thousands of companies worldwide, from small to large and across every aspect of the manufacturing spectrum.
The Support Engineer will be committed to:
• Providing operational support to customers via our Helpdesk environment, E-Support and Support Portal using good communication, analytical skills, initiative and flexibility to provide acceptable resolutions to customer support issues.
• Also required to deliver training to customers, end users and staff at our dedicated training facilities in Wakefield, Reading & Bath
• Work as part of a team and individually to ensure Hexagon exceed our customers’ expectations regarding service delivery
• Must be willing to travel both within the UK and Ireland to meet business needs when required.
• To embed the company’s values into everyday activities, promote a Team Culture and generate energy and enthusiasm to drive the business forward
• Demonstrates Nimbleness by being flexible and able to deal with the unexpected. Embraces change.
• Thinks about who needs to know what and when, providing that information in a timely manner.
• To liaise with Development on any technical problems encountered or issues identified with products as well as enhancement requests that
impact on the saleability of the products and provide customer feedback and technical input to develop the product to meet future customer
• Ensure all activities carried out support the team members and objectives, providing assistance to team members in problem-solving issues,
sharing knowledge and experience to develop the other team members.
• Ensure all tasks carried out comply with company policies, procedures and systems; e.g. Quality Systems, Data Protection, System Security,
Information Systems Acceptable Use Policy and Health & Safety Policy.
• ALPHACAM experience would be preferable
• Proficient with Windows PC systems and other control software
• Ability to work alone but still be part of a Support & Service Team sharing knowledge and experience
• A background in the Woodworking/Engineering industry.
We would love to hear from you
To apply, please email a covering letter, giving details of your current package, together with your cv to Jacqui.ives@Hexagon.com